The World According to Ashton

Saturday, September 22, 2007


It's time to update this blog with some cutie-tootie things my punkindoodle head is doing these days.

He is still sorting everything in sight. Legos, blocks, dinosaurs...you name it...they all get sorted into "families."

He is love with his underwear. We bought him some Lightening McQueen undies a few months ago. He told every passerby at Target that he was getting new "Wipey A Queen" underwear. His love of his underwear and obsession to put things where they belong means that when I'm doing laundry, after everything is sorted out on the table...if I leave the room for one minute, I will ALWAYS come back to see his pile of underwear missing. He walks by, sees them not in their place, then takes them to his room and puts them away. He has been known to sleep with a freshly washed pile of underwear. Weird! This summer, I was packing to go to Austin. I had everyone's clothing laid out on the table. After Aaron brought the suitcase out of the attic, I started loading everyone's clothes into it. Later on, I realized, I never put any of Ashton's underwear in the suitcase, even though I KNEW I had laid him some out on the table. That's when it hit me...I bet he put them away. He did! The boy's weirdness almost cost him to go commando for a week in Austin. That city would have been proud!

If someone sets one of their belongings down somewhere it doesn't belong, then goes to look for it later and finds it missing...we all know to go ask Ashton. He always puts things away and when asked why he moved something he will say so sweetly, "Because it doesn't go right there."

The other day Ashton asked Aaron why everyone in our whole town has a nose.

He's so silly!

I love how much he loves music. Joss Stone and Toby Mac are his favorite. When we get in the car he says, "Mom, will you put it on "you diggin on me now baby?" or "some kind of wunaful, don't you know he is yeah?" Love it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other day, I found a roll of film, didn't have any idea what it was. Took it to Walmart and it turned out to be last winter - Thanksgiving at Clegg and little Brother's wedding in Nebraska. Among the pictures was a perfect line of little cars along the edge of the dining table at Clegg, which clearly said, "Ashton Was Here."

Love that little guy!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Ashton...would you please tell your Mommy that I cannot appear on her blog quite yet---it's too soon---so I'm leaving a post on your cute blog, I mean handsome blog, and tell her Great Aunt Bev cannot find Mommy's e-mail address to finish writing my dream about her...i dreamed about your nice Mommy and it was a good dream...do you dream every night or just sometimes?...wonder what your last dream was?...do you look up at the clouds and see figures?...do you imagine things in your head?...bye bye awesome ashton...tell your Mommy that Great Aunt Bev looked at your clever blog...

Love, Brookie's Mommy...that's me...Great Aunt Bev

6:25 PM  
Blogger King Family said...

Yeah Ashton. You have a gift. Putting things where they belong is very important. Don't ever let anyone tell you differntly!

staci

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home